Tomato soups can be made in a myriad of forms. Some are smooth in texture, while other contains chunks of tomatoes or creamy. Tomato soups have been known to humankind since very old times, and have been one of the most favourite soups all around the world. This is an old fashioned easy to make creamy tomato soup. It is guaranteed to warm up your heart in the cold winters days or nights.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: enough for 5-6 people
• 2 tablespoons ( 30 ml) butter
• 1 red paprika, chopped
• 2 tablespoons ( 30 ml) all-purpose flour
• 4 cups (1000 ml) tomato juice
• salt to taste
• 2 cups (500 ml) milk or 1 cup (250 ml) cream
• Some cheese to sprinkle (optional)
1. Take a heavy bottomed 7-8 litres saucepan. Place it over a medium high heat.
2. Add in the butter and let it melt.
3. Once the butter is melted, add in the chopped paprika. Stir fry for around 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the all-purpose flour.
5. Mix it with butter and paprika and stir it nicely to make sure that there are no lumps of the flour remaining.
6. Now slowly whisk in the tomato juice.
7. Now return the pan back to heat. Mix the contents well and add salt to taste.
8. Bring the contents to almost to a boil and then turn off the heat immediately (before they actually start to boil).
9. Let the soup cool down (10 -15 minutes). Once the soup has considerably cooled down, slowly stir in the milk.
10. You can sprinkle it with a little of grated cheese on top
11. Serve immediately.